1. Its not all about food: When you eat alone you tend to eat more, so try to always eat in company of loved ones or at least the friendly ones who can keep you cheerfully occupied enough not to binge.
2. What you eat: Take that time to cut up the salad and cook up a healthy meal that your body will dissolve easily. Whole grain, more fibres, greens all the stuff that will kick up the energy and not store up for the future.
3. Big is not always better: That’s the meals, (and not the body) in discussion- smaller portions and more often, is the trick to keep the body busy and happy.
4. The nectar of life: It’s not coke (diet included) people, it’s the three quarters that occupies our life cells that you are going to have to maintain to keep that balance. Eight glasses of water is the minimum to keep you hydrated.
5. Health Drinks: Juices with fibre or pulp is a great filler and good news for the system too. The hunger pangs are at bay while a healthy beverage clears the system of toxins.
6. Anti-oxidants: Tea is now recommended in diets for its anti-oxidant properties and the dose of caffeine does its bit to keep you energized.
7. Work that weight: Take the time to give your body the workout it needs. Yoga, walking, Pilates, whatever you fancy will do just more than fine.
8. A friend in need: Find a buddy - you don’t like to shop alone, eat alone and certainly not diet alone. A buddy will encourage you to get past those ups and downs in keeping up the pro lifestyle.
9. Don’t worry, be happy: Bobby Brown had you in mind when he sang this song. A happy spirit is undaunted spirits, so look in the mirror and smile, smile, smile away the frowns.
10. Finally the nos: No artificial or canned foods, no aerated drinks, no fatty, ‘gluten-y’ snacks, no laxatives, and can’t stress enough - no stress.
Everyone has a goal whether it is to climb a mountain or lose that weight, but getting there is not the biggest highlight, it is all the fun and excitement along the way that counts.
The mission is yours and so get all geared up to tackle the ups and downs of the battle to being thin. And, yes there’s a buddy out there, at pro ana, you can count on when the odds are down.
The pro ana lifestyle can be yours' with the help of a pro ana buddy and the decision to eat less, eat wisely and be slim - forever!
Reflect on those strange obsessions and unexplained behavior like detrimental to us - they count too. There are enough medical diagnosis, enough treatments and really enough gossip about this eating disorder that afflicts millions of youngsters every year.
What there enough isn’t of is the supporting hand and a healing touch of someone who understands, which may be more beneficial than many white coated professionals studying you and pronouncing a sin –the will not to eat. You are not alone, in this, as there are people reaching out with their own problems and tried solutions. Pro ana has let their voices be heard and given a meaning to their purpose of staying thin, in a better way.
The pro-ana sites are a way to reclaiming control over our lives that may seem to be taking an unhealthy turn physically or otherwise. The pro ana buddy system is a space for sharing the lifestyle tips or experiences that encourage other members to lose their weight in better ways. The don’ts are as important as the do’s as they can stop a crossover from being healthy to unhealthy and to be warned- the line is very thin. If you are as determined to be thin and have a svelte figure, as a pro ana person desires to be, then determination and a pro ana buddy will help you do so in a healthy way.