Perhaps the most controversial diet ever is the one that is favored by gymnasts and models and because they follow the pro ana diet and are always stick-thin there is a myth that this diet promotes anorexia.
In fact it is the media that has named it pro ana short for pro anorexia because it is a very low calorie diet that promises you will lose weight in fourteen days.
What you should know before embarking on the pro ana diet and workout plan?
- Pro ana diet does not promote anorexia and a number of people have found it very effective
- It is an eating plan combined with exercise, especially a lot of walking, and everyone who embarks on it has a different eating plan to suit their metabolism.
- The diet is actually known as the thinspiration diet, it was the newspapers and other media who named it pro ana
- It is all about promoting self-image and the foundation of the diet is having self-respect for yourself and being happy with the way that you look, not a fast-track way to lose weight.
- In no way does the pro ana workout plan promote a negative self-image or stick two fingers up at the serious eating disorders anorexia and bulimia. The diet plan encourages the promotion of a positive self image and tries to do this in a light hearted way so everyone on it can enjoy it and not find it a chore.
- There are more things permitted on this diet than are not permitted so there should be something on it that everyone can enjoy.
- Fruit - strawberries, peaches, grapes, bananas.
- Very low amount of carbs
- Low fat yogurt
- Almond milk
- Skimmed milk
- Green tea
Foods not permitted on the Pro Ana Diet
- Orange juice
- French fries
- Ice cream
- All fast foods
It has long been proved that fast foods and French fries are bad for your health and too many children are obese because they live on burgers and chips. Obesity is becoming a big problem not only in America but all over the world. People are being encouraged to eat Five a Day, five pieces of fruit to promote good health. What the Pro Ana diet does is ensure you do this by following an eating plan so not only do you lose weight, you are eating healthily.